Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 29 - Niagara to Lancaster Pennsylvania

With a very early start it makes for a very bleary eyed and grumpy Eileen. I dragged myself through my morning routine but ended of course not being ready for bag pull. But because I had the other bag with me so I could unload some of the souvenirs I was able to delay doing the hair (which is the longest part of the process) and put it in the cute suitcase.
Sunrise over Niagara Falls 
So I headed off to get some brekkie around 6am…  I do believe that Christina and Steve got a grunt when they said good morning. Maccas for brekkie this morning…  oh hotcakes how I have missed you.
Sunrise over Niagara Falls
Walked back to the hotel and Steve just laughed at my grumpy face. Went back to my room and tried to wake up more even though it was still dark 
outside.
Sunrise over Niagara Falls
Finished the hair and sorted some photos and emailed while chatting with my sister. Headed down to take the bag down and snuggle in my corner on the bus and spread out ready for the very long drive!!! We had to be ready so early this morning so we could be the first bus in the customs queue because otherwise we are stuck there for hours. However, someone forgot their duty free receipt and went back for it and it delayed us for about 10mins which made a massive difference.
Sunrise over Niagara Falls
When we pulled up to duty free we collected our purchases but some idiot i.e. me had lost her receipt I think I put it in my suitcase arrggghhh so whatever was left was mine..  sure enough between mine and Roy’s it was easy to work out the missing receipt ones especially with Makeup and chocolate as the purchases.  haha
Sunrise over Niagara Falls
As we drove across the customs bridge it was so pretty as we watched the sun rise. Over the falls and the calmness it was so peaceful and beautiful.  We made our way across the bridge to the customs and sure enough 3 busses in front of us. Christina wasn’t impressed because we had such a long day ahead of us and needed to be quick.
Sunrise over Niagara Falls
So we did a bit of a quick quiz to keep us amused...  I won!!! Woohooo I would have done better if I had read one of the questions better...  dammm that speed reading… oh well I scored one of the photos of the scenery from the helicopter.
Sunrise over Niagara Falls
We waited for at least 45 mins which is not a good thing when you have a truck load of liquid for breakfast, but apparently we would have enough time for the toilet when we passed through the gate. However best laid plans…
Lake Ontario while watching the ducks land - so peaceful 
We got in to a very rude customs man almost makes you scared that they don’t want back in the country. We all filed off and lined up waiting to be allowed back in.  Mine customs man was very cute…very cute…
Random Gun shop in the middle of nowhere 
Then lined up waiting for the toilet…  It was very confusing in there with 2 other busloads still waiting, all of a sudden the mean customs man starts screaming us to get out. He was nuts...  I think something went wrong with one of the Asian tourist busses ahead of us because he was so mad.
The Beautiful Falls colours  
So no toilet break but I was smart enough to get in first on the bus one. While I had all my stuff on my seat which I felt bad about but I couldn’t move it fast enough. Poor Cecilia got her head nearly taken off when we went over a massive bump… but it was kind of funny …  Sorry Cecilia it was kind of cute.
The Beautiful Falls colours  
It was kind of graceful watching the ducks flying into the lake, I just sat there and enjoyed while everyone lined up for the toilet. We went through some pretty little towns as we headed south to Pennsylvania it was so calming and therapeutic in a lot of ways.  The beautiful fall colours were coming through but given our early start I had a snooze on our way to our first stop in Dansville.
The Beautiful Falls colours  
Dansville blah… god I still hate that name! reminded me on “him”. I have to say it was a bit of dive for a major truck stop but with decent toilets and that was the important thing.
The Beautiful Falls colours  
Although someone … not naming any names was influencing me with bad purchases hey Miss Christina…  As we waited at the counter I got introduced to the 5 hour energy boost. OMG they just looked scary.   Although I did ask if I should buy one for Steve and her since they both didn’t drink coffee since he was looking a bit tired because of the early start.  But apparently he doesn’t drink that sort of stuff either.
The Beautiful Falls colours  
I headed outside to one of the rare days that I was on bus relatively early although the Halloween decorations were really good.  To be honest I just wanted to get out of there… the name was too much of a reminder…We headed towards our lunch stop of Williamsport… The fall colours were just amazing but I couldn't seem to sleep.
Dansville - the Halloween Decorations  
As we travelled along the highway and watched the colours whizz by, it caused a major reflective moment.  I am not sure why but I think because of the name… I pondered and wondered about life along with a small teary.  This trip, the experiences that I have had, has forced me to look at my life for the better I would like to think.
The Beautiful Falls colours  
It has made me realise that I need to shake things up and change a lot of things when I get back home. Also reflected on how I have battled with the depression and got myself sorted out emotionally. This is one of the hardest journeys I have done in my life from the black to the blue skies and happiness.  This reflection created this post Interuption to our Normal Viewing
The massive Wegmans at Williamsport 
Finally fell asleep as we crept closer to Williamsport only to be woken up by Vicki taking photos of the fall colours and the valleys that we were starting to see because of the beautiful Susquehanna River.
The massive Wegmans at Williamsport  
We pulled into the Wegmans in Williamsport which was a massive grocery store and food hall.  Can anyone say VEGGIES!!!!  I sat by myself and just enjoyed the by the pound purchase of veggies and chicken oh yeah veggies!!!!  I just enjoyed along with the free Wi-Fi while I chowed down. I enjoyed the exploration of a massive choice of grocery items and made the must needed purchase of a tide pen because guess who needed to deal with a situation on her shirt...  Got to love those stir fry veggies and the mess they make.
the beautiful pumpkin display...  i love all the faces on the pumpkins 
Along with some more chocolate...  giggle whoopsies … Walked back to the bus chatting with the lovely Sandra and Malcolm who also noticed the stains on the shirt. I am so useless sometimes…  arrggghhh Also tried to deal with the stain removal but gave up to do it on the privacy of the bus.  Enjoyed the sunshine, prettiness of the surroundings , took some photos then Steve came back so we could finally head to Amish country. Although he did notice the stains on the shirt, why did he have to notice what a klutz I am? But he did make the comment that I seemed extra snoozy today…  I wondered how he knew that considering I wasn’t on his side of the bus and right up the back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment